For the past 5 years or so Google has come up with it's annual Zeitgeist, at a global and also national level for different countries (e.g India). The Zeitgeist is the list of the most searched terms of that year. Of late this has been getting a lot of media coverage as well with television channels having dedicated programs discussing what the country has been looking for.
In fact this year Facebook & Twitter with their large repository of data also came up with the most commonly used words in status updates and tweets. All making for a most interesting read.
Earlier this year in February I had come up with a list of the most 'hatke' or 'different' keywords people have searched for to reach my blog. In fact the post became quite popular and encourage me to continue blogging a little more regularly than the 2-3 posts a year I was doing before that. So, at the end of the year I decided to announce my own little Zeitgeist results, in 2 categories - (a) most popular keywords searched to reach my blog and (b) most 'interesting' keywords search to reach my blog.
I must say there has been a large dip in the 'interesting' category since my February post, and most queries can more or less be tracked down to the post which triggered them and also the rationale behind those searched. However, I did manage to come up with the 10 'wackiest' queries that got some traffic to my blog. So, without much further ado, here are the 'Mind At Work' Zeitgeist results.
Top Queries for 'Mind At Work'
1. Kingdom of Dreams Gurgaon Review (related post)
2. Johari Window Test (related post)
3. Reverse Image Search Engine (related post)
4. May I Hebb Your Attention Pliss Review (related post)
6. Abbey Road Gurgaon (related post)
7. Android Market (related post)
9. Pista House Haleem Recipe (related post)
And now coming to the more popular awards - the 'hatke' queries Zeitgeist.
These keywords brought me visitors to the blog, so a big thanks to whoever searched on them. And a quick note behind your thought process will be most appreciated:) [unedited, uncensored data. Could be NSFW]
'Hatke' 'Mind At Work' Awards
1. best fake nickname for a god
[Suhel speak: God's on an espionage mission, eh?]
2. bulging tummy in girls
[SS: Not a pretty sight. Stop searching, immediately]
3. how to deal with a 69 year old male that is not happy about being given a surprise birthday party
[SS: someone's gonna get hurt real bad]
4. night rate of a cheerleader in delhi or gurgaon
[SS: T20 or ODI?]
5. prabhu chawala character traits
[SS: After that Rajnikanth editorial should you really bother?]
6. should i be working at 69 years old
[SS: I for sure hope I will not]
7. software engineer tummy
[SS: Mostly empty. Or so I'm told]
8. things u can do with rs 100 in kolkata
[SS: A little more than what you can do with Rs. 5000 in Mumbai]
9. what is it like to work for guidebook?
[SS: Much like an NGO I will assume]
10. wear glasses"" or ""wearing glasses"" or ""wearing my glasses"" or ""wear her glasses"" or ""wearing her glasses"" or ""wear contacts"" or ""wearing contacts"" or ""wearing my contacts"" or ""wearing her contacts"" or ""wearing contact"" or ""wearing my contact"" or ""wearing her contact""
[SS: Contact your ophthalmologist. If you could read that, that is]