It was during this session that the conversation veered towards psychological tests and personality tests and how such pseudo tests are popping up in dangerous numbers in Facebook and other social networking sites. That's when I recalled this most interesting personality test I had come across many years back, and had found useful - Johari Window.
You can read that Wikipedia article to find out more. I have tried to explain the same in a simpler fashion, below.
1) There is a 11 X 5 grid, with 55 characteristics e.g. caring, intelligent, witty etc
2) You are supposed to select 5 or 6 of them which you think is most like you. So, there could be many which sounds like you, but you need to select the top 5.
3) Now you save this link and send it across to as many friends as you want. They will be asked to select 5 or 6 of the characteristics which they think are most like you.
4) The characteristics are then classified into 4 buckets, a) you have selected and your friends have also selected, b) you have selected but your friends haven't, c) your friends have selected but you haven't and d) neither you nor your friends have selected
5) After you have received considerable feedback you will notice a pattern and if the test is taken by a lot of people who know you relatively well, you will see that your 'Arena' (a) and 'Unknown' (d) will be very clear with little variation. What you can analyze in depth are your 'Blind Spots' (b) and 'Facade' (c)
There is a lot you can infer from the data and reading up on the same is highly recommended.
IF you think you know me well, I request you to please spend 2-3 minutes of your time and take my Johari Window test by clicking the link below. My results (s0 far) are provided below, but will request you to not look at them before you take the test, please feel free to do so once you are done. Really appreciate it.
Suhel's Johari Test
You may want to create your own Johari window and I will be happy to take the test if you will find it useful.
Looking forward to some constructive feedback and discussion!
(known to self and others)
cheerful, confident, friendly, intelligent, knowledgeable, witty
(known only to others)
able, adaptable, bold, brave, calm, caring, clever, complex, dependable, dignified, energetic, extroverted, giving, happy, helpful, idealistic, independent, ingenious, logical, loving, mature, modest, nervous, observant, organised, patient, proud, quiet, reflective, relaxed, religious, responsive, searching, self-assertive, self-conscious, sensible, sentimental, shy, silly, spontaneous, trustworthy, warm, wise
(known only to self)
(known to nobody)
accepting, introverted, kind, powerful, sympathetic, tense
55% of people agree that suhel is intelligent
able (4%) accepting (0%) adaptable (11%) bold (2%) brave (4%) calm (4%) caring (2%) cheerful (35%) clever (13%) complex (2%) confident (46%) dependable (4%) dignified (6%) energetic (20%) extroverted (28%) friendly (44%) giving (2%) happy (4%) helpful (4%) idealistic (2%) independent (8%) ingenious (6%) intelligent (55%) introverted (0%) kind (0%) knowledgeable (48%) logical (11%) loving (2%) mature (4%) modest (8%) nervous (2%) observant (11%) organised (11%) patient (4%) powerful (0%) proud (6%) quiet (2%) reflective (2%) relaxed (2%) religious (2%) responsive (2%) searching (2%) self-assertive (6%) self-conscious (11%) sensible (8%) sentimental (11%) shy (2%) silly (15%) spontaneous (22%) sympathetic (0%) tense (0%) trustworthy (6%) warm (6%) wise (4%) witty (33%)